Machu Picchu and Galapagos Tours
Please Note: At this time Machu Picchu and Galápagos features restricted accessibility on some dates. If you are interested, you may also like to give consideration to otherwise .
South America is home to numerous special and amazing websites, which favorite tour functions two of their best cultural and normal treasures—the World history websites of Machu Picchu therefore the Galápagos Islands. Journey very first to Cuzco and Sacred Valley to know about old Inca tradition. Ascending in to the Andes, you’ll go through the enigmatic site of Machu Picchu during a special over night check out. After that immerse your self in the interesting realm of the Galápagos isles. During four magical days, explore the initial wildlife that Charles Darwin encountered during the very early 1800s.
- Cuzco and also the Sacred Valley: look at the Museum of Pre-Columbian Art and Sacsayhuaman and explore previous and present Inca tradition in Pisac, Chinchero, and Ollantaytambo.
- Machu Picchu: Explore the stunning “Lost City of this Incas.” Take pleasure in the beauty and mystery of Machu Picchu and stay instantly on nearby Belmond Sanctuary Lodge, in which you’ll experience Machu Picchu without crowds of people.
- The Galápagos Islands: Enjoy a four-night stick to Santa Cruz Island. Settle into an attractive hotel and just take excursions on a privately chartered yacht to explore the Charles Darwin analysis Station to see and understand the huge Galápagos tortoises, and explore the hawaiian islands of North Seymour and South Plaza.
- Active Adventure: Experience the natural marvels for the Galápagos while swimming and snorkeling and during nature strolls and motorboat rides.
- Wildlife: Observe giant Galápagos tortoises, sea lions, iguana, and both aquatic and migratory wild birds such Blue-footed Boobies, flamingos, and Frigate wild birds, and reefs teeming with colorful seafood.
That is a when in forever trip - a highly skilled vacation and discovering adventure.- Mary H.
I would suggest Smithsonian Tours to anyone, from the beginner towards most experienced tourist. Single people will definitely feel yourself as well. I feel sure i'll travel with Smithsonian once more.- Rosalee C.
To see itinerary, please click an option below.
Day 1 — Depart the U.S. for Lima, Peru
Depart today for the Peruvian money. Upon arrival tonight move straight to your hotel.
Day 2 — Lima
Find out about the journey forward at a briefing with your tour leaders, after that visit the Larco Herrera Museum, whose ceramics collection is unparalleled, and treasured Casa Aliaga, one of many oldest houses in Lima (circa 1535). This afternoon simply take a city tour of Peruvian capital followed closely by a welcome supper at your hotel. (B, D)
Time 3 — Cuzco and Sacred Valley
These days fly to Cuzco preventing on Incan web site of Koricancha, focused on the sun's rays Jesus, before continuing towards the beautiful Sacred Valley, a spot of Inca internet sites and standard villages. After browsing Indian market at Pisac, reach finally your hotel late today. (B, L, D)
Day 4 — Sacred Valley
Explore Ollantaytambo, recognized for its huge Incan ruins that still encourage wonder. After that visit the Incan farming city of Chinchero, where residents reside a lot as his or her forefathers performed, keeping ancient Inca traditions live. Go to a native “Offering towards the world” ceremony before dinner today. (B, L, D)
Day 5 — Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu
Early this morning travel by train when it comes to 1½-hour trip to Aguas Calientes, in which you board a bus for Machu Picchu. Enjoy your first guided check out of the spectacular “Lost City associated with the Incas” late this morning. Because small-size, your group will move nimbly through the damages and also have the leisure to absorb the wonder and secret with this website whoever original purpose has-been lost to time. Following tour, check in in the 31-room Belmond Sanctuary Lodge, only measures from the entrance towards the ruins. While most visitors see Machu Picchu on a day trip, you have the rare privilege of spending the night and seeing the ruins after all the tourists have left. (B, L, D)
Day 6 — Machu Picchu and Cuzco
Today, prior to the time trippers arrive, start your next guided trip for this World history web site. After that come back to Aguas Calientes for lunch and leisure time before a mid-afternoon train to Cuzco. (B, L)